As news outlets continue to focus on looting, the autopsy of George Floyd now conducted by an independent coroner has determined that the killing was only purely the result of asphyxiation.
A curfew has gone unprotested. Sadly, most of the news items are defined by correspondents who are not really reflective of the local public, but instead of professionals from outside of our region.
Nevertheless, KLTA5 shows us at the bottom of this page the planned times for Southern California curfews.
Authorities across Southern California continue to enact curfews following weekend unrest prompted by the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
Demonstrations turned violent and destructive in downtown Los Angeles, the Fairfax District, Santa Monica and Long Beach, among other locations — leading Gov. Gavin Newsom to declare a state of emergency in Los Angeles County and to deploy National Guard troops to the region.
Cleanups were underway Monday in areas hit hard by unrest.
Curfews were enacted and expanded by several cities over the weekend and into Monday.
Los Angeles County issued another curfew from 6 p.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Tuesday, affecting the county’s 10 million residents. The county said in announcing its curfew on Sunday that the county order “supersedes” any city curfews that are less “stringent.”
Officials clarified that if the county’s curfew is more stringent than a resident’s local curfew order, the county curfew will supersede it.
As of Monday morning, here’s a list of all the curfews announced by authorities in SoCal.
- Los Angeles city: 6 p.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Santa Monica: in the business district, 1 p.m. Monday; citywide, 4 p.m. Monday
- Beverly Hills: in the business district, 1 p.m. Monday; citywide, 4 p.m. Monday
- West Hollywood: 4 p.m. Monday
- Long Beach: for businesses, 1 p.m. Monday; for residents, 4 p.m. Monday
- Burbank: 5 p.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Monrovia: 6 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Riverside city: 7 p.m. Monday through 6:00 a.m. Tuesday
- Riverside County: 6 p.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Anaheim: 6 p.m. Monday through 5:30 a.m. Tuesday